- Please see the following.
* The pictures in the document show CG-FXII Series.
1. Install the pinch roller under the mark, [PINCH ROLLER SETTINGS].
2. Select strong or weak for each of the clamp and make both of the pressure even.
When applying 2 clamps, select strong for both of the clamps, and when applying 3 clamps,
select strong for both ends and select weak for the middle. Ensure to apply same level of
pressure in both ends.
For instance, when selecting [strong-weak-weak] for 3-clamp application, the pressure
to hold down the sheet media is uneven, and media skew could result.
3. If the end of the media hits the floor, media skew would result.
Keep the media from hitting the floor.
4. If the edge of roll media is disorganized as shown in the picture below,
the fed amount of the media differentiates in the right and left.
Roll up the media again to make the ends good and flat, and then reinstall the media.
5. If the grid roller is covered with contaminants such as chips resulting from sheet
cut operations, media skew could result. Use a toothbrush to clean up the roller.
6. Check the condition of the pinch roller.
(1) If the pinch roller is covered with contaminants such as chips resulting from
sheet cut, clean up the roller.
(2) If you find the roller is worn out, please replace it.
7. The media may get skewed because of the weight of the media.
When heavy media or wide media is installed, select [HDAVY] under [SET UP] >
*Note: The cutting speed will be max.20cm/s under the [HEAVY] setting.
See the Operation Manual to learn more about [SHEET TYPE].
8. Check the steps from 1 to 7, and pre-feed the sheet media to see if the media
no longer skews.
See the Operation Manual to learn more about [FEED].
9. When the tool is up, the sheet media may not get carried back and forth while cutting;
And it slips on the platen. If it is the case, select [SET UP] > [UP SPEED] and
control the feeding speed.
*If it’s fixed in AUTO setting, the speed selected In Tools will apply. The max. speed of
the AUTO is 10cm/s.
See the Operation Manual to learn more about [UP SPEED].