- If the media is out of alignment to the left or right, check on the followings.
1. Check to see if the installation environment meets the specifications.
Particularly, check for the temperature and humidity. On rainy days, media largely expand and contract, resulting in misalignment. Use the machine in an environment within the specifications with less changes in temperature and humidity.
[ Q:Where do I need to place my machine? ]
2. Each pinch roller is positioned correctly
1) Make sure the pinch rollers are positioned in line with the white labels. Aligning a pinch roller with the white label positions the grid roller in line with the pinch roller, allowing the media to be fed normally.
2) Make sure all of the four pinch rollers hold the media. Lack of them impairs stable feeding.
3) Make sure the far left and right pinch rollers are at 5mm or more inward from the media edge.
3. Clamping force is equal at left and rightUnbalanced clamping force impairs stable feeding.
As a rough guide, set the far left and right rollers to the strong clamping power mode and the inner two to the week mode for heavy paper, and set all the rollers to the week clamping power mode for thin paper.
4. No pinch roller is deformedFeeding may not be performed normally if a pinch roller has dust or dirt, is damaged, or is deformed. Remove any dust or dirt. If any pinch roller is deformed, contact us.
5. There is no paper caught in any grid rollerThere may be a slip of paper wrapped around a grid roller after a paper jam. Power off the machine, then remove the slip of paper as you turn the grid roller. Be careful not to have your finger caught or injured.
6. Media is set appropriatelyInappropriately set media may cause the feeding to be out of alignment due to a difference in tension between left and right. Check on the followings.
1) Media roll is not tapered at the edge as shown below
2) Media was set straight[Good example]The media is set straight when there is no difference in tension on the left and right as you look from the back of the machine and the media edge is in line with its roll edge as you feed it out.
The media is not set straight if the media is slack either on the left or right when you look from the back of the machine or the media edge is not in line with its roll edge when the media is fed out. Set the media again.
For how to set the media, see "OPERATION MANUAL ."
3) Pre-feed was performedEnsure to perform the pre-feed. A roll of paper more or less expands or contracts due to changes in the ambient environment when the taken-up paper becomes slack during cutting. This makes the positional relationship out of alignment at the start and end of cutting or the paper easy to snake or skew.
For details, check on "OPERATION MANUAL ."
4) Media is not lifted at paper detectionIf the media is lifted, set the paper again.
5) Rolled media is not slack
Repeatedly re-rolled media can cause slack due to expansion and contraction of the media, which disables even tensions at left and right when the media is set, resulting in feeding out of alignment.
7. Media meets the specifications
Make sure the media weight, thickness, and width meets the specifications. Using other media may result in unstable feeding.
[Q. Which media is settable? ]
When you use heavy media, select [SHEET TYPE] - [HEAVY].
8. When the media is being cut continuously
Continuous cutting may cause the paper to skew gradually. In this case, you may use the hold function to correct the paper displacement before continuing cutting.
For details, see "OPERATION MANUAL. "
9. Cut patterns do not come off
If cut patterns come off as shown below, it affects feeding.
See [Q. Patterns come off at once ] to take action.